Thursday, September 22, 2016

So this week marks the end of the first week of my third transfer. For those of you who don't know a transfer lasts for six weeks and towards the end of the 6th week you get a call letting you know if you are staying where you are or if you are moving. For me I stayed and I received a new companion, Elder Nelson, from Menan, Idaho. He is awesome in every way, we talk a lot about music because we both did band in high school and we both play the piano so I finally can get a break every now and then from playing it for sacrament meeting on Sunday. 

Two Saturdays ago so the 10th of September, we had a baptismal service for brother Albert. He is an amazing guy and his brother attended the baptism and told me and my companion at the time Elder Wood, that he has seen the change theChurch has made in his brother and he wants to experience that change in himself. This Church truly can change people if we allow it to. I have seen that change in my life and in the lives of my investigators. Then on Sunday we had another investigator come up to us and tell us that he felt he was ready to be baptized on Saturday so we briefly went over the lessons to make sure he fully understood them and now he is scheduled to be baptized this Saturday. The work of the Lord is progressing wonderfully here in Tamale and it is great to see the branch growing.

My biggest spiritual experience from this past week came as I studied the Book of Mormon in Alma 7:11-14. I won't type it out so get yourself a copy of the Book of Mormon and read it. It talks about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how it can help us in our lives. I bear my witness that what it says within those verses is true. That the Atonement not only cleanses us from sin but also strengthens us to resist temptation and also in the trials we may be facing. Christ took upon Himself all the pains afflictions and sorrows of the world so that He could know how to help us when we need it. And He does know how, and He does help us. I have seen it in my life and in the lives of others. May we all call upon the powers of the Atonement of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and become cleansed from sin and strengthened so that we can become the people that God wants us to become and KNOWS we can become. This is my humble prayer and testimony. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Stay safe and enjoy this week as we all call upon the Atonement of Jesus Christ and become better people.

No comments:

Post a Comment